Symptoms or Error
Windows and Mac OS X users cannot access desktops and applications from Receiver using Google Chrome 37 or later. When a user opens Receiver in the browser, the Unblock the Citrix plug-in message is displayed.
To resolve the issue, unblock the Citrix Receiver plug-in pop-up in Google Chrome to access desktops and applications in Receiver when using browser. Complete the following steps to unblock the Receiver plug-in pop-up:
- Right-click the blocked plug-in icon in the address bar.
- Select one of the following options:
Always allow plug-ins on server_name
Run all plug-ins this time
Alternatively browse to following address in your Chrome:
Make sure Citrix Plug-in is enabled
Note: It is important to have the latest version of Citrix Receiver installed on your operating system.If you are experiencing issues with Citrix Receiver for Windows, complete the following steps:
- Run the tool (refer to Receiver Clean-Up Utility) to clean-up a corrupt or previous installation of Citrix Receiver.
Note: If using Windows, go to Control Panel > Programs and Features or Add/Remove Programs and ensure that the Citrix Receiver software is no longer present.
- Restart your computer.
- Download and install the latest Citrix Receiver. Refer to Citrix Receiver.
- Restart your computer and launch Receiver.
This issue may occur if Citrix Receiver plug-in is blocked by Google Chrome browser.