All Students will be allocated 1TB storage space in OneDrive
From your Computer:
1. Open a web browser and navigate to www.office.com
2. Sign-in with your MIT email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) and password
3. Click on OneDrive icon (the 3rd icon)
Installing OneDrive App on your Computer
1. Open any web browser and visit the website as below or just click on the link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-nz/microsoft-365/onedrive/download
2. Follow the instructions on the screen to install the app. The website will automatically recognize your device, so you get the right version.
3. Open the OneDrive app and sign-in by using your MIT email address (email@example.com) and password.
Note : When in apps.manukau.ac.nz (MIT-Desktop) or in MIT lab computers, it is recommended not to install the one drive app as it will start synchronizing all your files to that computer.
One your mobile phone or tablet:
1. Go to the AppStore or Play Store
2. Search for “One Drive” and install
3. Once installed: Open OneDrive App on your mobile device.
4. Sign-in by using your MIT email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) and password
Upload files to from your Device to OneDrive:
1. Open OneDrive
2. Click on Upload and select files
3. Select the file/files, then Open
Share Files or Folders from OneDrive:
1. Open OneDrive
2. Pick the file or folder you want to share by selecting the circle in the upper corner of the item. You can also pick multiple items to share them together
3. Select Share at the top of the page.
4. Enter the name or email of the person you wish to share the document with.
5. Click on Send.
Note: It is very important to verify that you are not sharing to everyone, but the address intended to.