This page will assist you to setup Citrix Receiver to access your MIT Desktop.
Access to the MIT Desktop enables you to use applications and files relevant to your studies from any geographical location, as long as you are connected to the internet. It is just like using the computers in the labs on campus.
To install Citrix Receiver
- Power up your device and ensure you are connected to the Internet.
- Open Internet explorer and visit https://www.citrix.com/go/receiver.html
- Click on “Download Receiver for Windows” and the installer file for Citrix will start to download onto your computer’s default location.
- Double click on the downloaded file to start installation. Accept all default settings and click ‘Finish’ at the end to complete the install.
*Note: you do not need to “Add an account”
- Once Citrix is fully installed, open your favorite internet browser and navigate to the BYOD portal https://apps.manukau.ac.nz.
- Log in with your student username and password.
- Click on MIT Desktop to get started.