– Windows OS
– Ability to create manual network profile
– The user has a valid user credentials in Manukau AD
1. Open Network and Sharing Center
2. Select Manage Wireless networks
3.Under Manage Wireless networks, select Add
4.Under Manually connect to a wireless network, select Manually create a network profile
5.Enter information for the wireless network you want to add as follows, then click Next.
6.Under Manually connect to a wireless network, select Change connection settings
7.Under ‘MIT-Wireless’ Wireless Network Properties, select Security tab
8.Under the Security tab, select Settings
Note: Untick from Validate server certificate.
10.Still under Protected EAP Properties\ Select Authentication Method: Click Configure and clear the tick box and click OK.
11. Click OK to exit Protected EAP Properties window
12. Still under ‘MIT-Wireless’ Wireless Network Properties \ Advanced settings
13.Under Advanced settings window, ‘tick’ Specify authentication mode: select User Authentication
14.Still under Advanced settings window, select Save credentials and enter the valid user credentials, then click OK
15.Attempt to connect to MIT-Wireless and then on Windows Security Alert pop-up window click Connect