Home>Student Guides>citrix-setup-students>Windows Guides to Citrix>printing-from-citrix>printing-from-a-windows-device
This page explains how to print to MIT Ricoh printers and local printers from Citrix when you log into the MIT Desktop.
Note: In order for printers to map properly, you must ensure that Citrix Receiver is installed.
Printing to MIT Printers
While you are logged into your MIT Desktop the printers should be connected as normal and you can send print jobs to
- Ricoh-BW-New; or
- You will need to be on campus when you send documents to print.
- Swipe your ID cards on the nearest Ricoh Printer to print.
- Ensure you have sufficient money in your account and your ID card is registered.
Printing to Local Printer at Home
When you are logged into MIT Desktop at home, by default Citrix will also connect all local printers – see example below.
- Your local default printer will automatically become your default printer on your MIT Desktop.
- The speed of printing from the MIT-Desktop may vary, depending on the file size of the document you are trying to print.
- If you have a huge file to print it is recommended that you save the file to your local disk and print directly to your local printer.