In 2015, the leadership team approved the “Cloud Computing at MIT: memorandum presented by ICTS. Through 2016 ICTS will look to implement cloud computing solutions to address capacity/cost/resiliency issues that MIT faces.
ICTS now is now backing up all data stored within the the MIT Google Apps for Education environment which allows users to self recover files/folders as required via a web browser.
Identified areas for exploitation include, along with planned dates (subject to change):
- Migration of “H” Drive to “G” Drive (Google Drive), commencing October 2016.
- Archiving of legacy material from the Y Drive (November 2016)
- MIT Data Warehouse to support Business Intelligence/Analytics (August 2016)
- Migration to Cloud based email servers (October 2016)
- Off premise business continuity systems (2016->)
Progress for each area will depend on availability of ICTS staff as the MIT Network Upgrade takes priority.